Dressing to Feel Good: A New Year’s Resolution You Can Keep January 13 2016, 0 Comments
Here we are, already in the second week of 2016. Did you make any New Year’s resolutions? It’s a good feeling to start off the new year with some goals to provide motivation to be a better you. But it’s slightly disheartening for me to see that the number one New Year’s resolution for 2015 was to lose weight. I’m sure that was at the top of the list for this year as well, and many years prior. The plethora of commercials on TV and radio right now about weight loss programs only serve to reinforce Americans’ belief that they need to lose weight to be happy.
I am a very healthy eater and exercise regularly. My concern is that most of us aren’t happy with who we are, and feel like losing a few pounds will make us happy. But does it make you happy to starve yourself and get hungry at your desk every day at 3 p.m.? Or to say no to that beautiful birthday cake of a co-worker just because you’re on a diet? Eating right and exercising are important to healthy living, but I have a dream for a society where everyone is happy with their looks and works to stay healthy, rather than constantly dieting in an attempt to change who they are.
One way to do this is to buy clothes that fit and that you feel comfortable in. It’s only natural for our bodies to change as we get older. Let’s face it, our 40-year-old hips just aren’t the same as our 20-year-old hips were. But this doesn’t mean we have to work to get our current body to fit into the pants we wore in our 20s! Trying out new styles, buying a size bigger if necessary, and paying attention to clothes that fit well and look good go a long way toward building your confidence and helping you feel good about yourself.
That’s one reason why we are so proud of our Go Free Pants. This line of pants not only fits well, but looks great on women of all shapes and sizes. And you feel great wearing them! Our patent-pending design replaces the cross seam in traditional pants with a smooth cotton panel that offers all-day comfort. Thanks to the cotton panel, you can leave those uncomfortable thongs in the drawer and stop worrying about panty lines with any of your favorite styles, helping you feel confident and sexy all day long! Check out this video as I explain how Go Free Pants give you the fit and feel you want.
Make a New Year’s resolution this year that you can keep. Resolve to buy clothes that fit and flatter your figure. When your pants fit and look great, you are able to concentrate on life instead of worrying about your weight. And of course, get moving and focus on eating healthy foods. Because feeling good is the biggest factor in looking good and feeling sexy!
I also want to take this opportunity to encourage you to check out Bella Mia magazine. This wonderful publication contains fabulous content about looking good and feeling good, inside and out.
Baby It's Hot Outside! July 28 2015, 0 Comments
High humidity. Temperatures in the 90s. Endless days without rain. We are definitely in the dog days of summer. And while I love the opportunity summer brings to enjoy grilling out, eating on the patio, sitting by the pool with friends and even enjoying great outdoor activities like boating and hiking, I have to admit that I don’t love the frizzy hair and droopy makeup that comes along with summer weather.
Here are a few tips I’ve found that help me keep looking fresh and cool, no matter how hot the day gets!
- Control the Frizz. Whether you have straight hair or curly, the humidity can quickly wreak havoc on your hairstyle. Stop that from happening with a good frizz control product. I like Rusk Sheer Brilliance. Also check out Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum. They keep hair under control without weighing it down. When on the go, check out the frizz control sheets from Redken.
- Switch to a Summer Make-up Routine. Even with religious use of sunscreen, we all seem to have a little extra glow from the sun’s rays in the summer. Take advantage of that and ditch that cream foundation you use in the winter. Instead, go for something light like a powder foundation or just a quick brush of face powder. I personally love Bare Minerals Mineral Veil and use it year round.
- Wear Cotton. The natural fibers are more breathable than man-made and help keep you cooler. Our Go Free Elizabeth Capri is made of cotton twill that will keep you looking sexy and cool all summer long.
- Wear Light Colors. They reflect the light rather than absorb it, helping you stay cool.
And please be sure to wear sunscreen! Whether you’re headed to the office or out for a day at the pool, sunscreen is the best way to protect your skin from wrinkles and sun damage.
As always, enjoy the freedom to Go Free during these dog days of summer!
5 Stress-Relief Tips, Just in Time for Tax Deadline! April 08 2015, 0 Comments
We all know the key to looking good is feeling good on the inside. That means getting enough sleep, eating the right foods and keeping your stress level as low as possible. But that can be hard to do with April 15 looming in the near horizon! Whether you’re working on an individual tax return or you own your own business and have to keep track of expenses and maybe even work with an accountant, the forms, receipts and that ever-present deadline can be a big stress in our lives. And who wants to feel stressed when the grass is getting greener, trees are getting buds and flowers are blooming all over the place?
Just in time for tax season, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite stress relief techniques. Practice a few of these to get you through April 15, or any time you’re feeling a little overwhelmed. They work wonders!
- Just Breathe. It might seem simple, but taking a few minutes to do a deep-breathing exercise has been shown to slow the heart rate and lower blood pressure. Close your eyes, sit up straight, and slowly inhale, taking air in all the way down to your abdomen. Then exhale just as slowly, letting all that stress escape with your breath through your mouth.
- Practice Progressive Relaxation. This one takes the breathing a step further to concentrate on relaxing your muscles. Lay down flat and make sure your clothing is comfortable. Contract the muscles in your left foot, count to ten, then release. Do the same for your right foot, and progressively move up your body, one muscle group at a time, legs, hands, and arms. When you’re finished, you’ll feel as light as air.
- Chew Gum. Right up there with breathing, this is pretty easy. Studies have shown that chewing gum reduces cortisol levels, the chemical that causes us to feel stressed.
- Talk to Someone. Pick up the phone and call a friend or relative, or meet up with a friend or your spouse/significant other for lunch. Sharing what’s going on in your day is a great way to get things off your chest, and maybe even get some valuable feedback.
- Get some Exercise. Whether it’s a walk with the dog, throwing Frisbee with your kids or just taking a break from your office chair to walk up and down some steps, getting moving is a great way to relieve stress.
And don’t forget, April 16 is a pretty important date as well, it’s National Healthcare Decision Day. Once you’ve turned in those 1040s to Uncle Sam, sit down with your loved ones and have a discussion about your end of life wishes, and get it down in writing. It’s one of the best things you can do to relieve the stress of not knowing what your loved one would want should an unexpected illness or accident occur. Do it for you and your family’s peace of mind.
Happy Tax Day April 15, Happy Healthcare Decisions Day April 16, and Happy Go Free Day – a day you can enjoy every day of the year! www.gofreepants.com
Wear Red for Valentine’s and for Women! February 11 2015, 0 Comments
February is the month for red. From red hearts and red roses to red lipstick and red dresses, the bright color helps cheer us all up on these dreary cold winter days. Most of us associate that passionate color with the love and romance of Valentine’s Day. But wearing red in the month of February isn’t just for Valentine’s Day anymore. Thanks to the American Heart Association’s Go Red for Women campaign, wearing red signifies your awareness that heart disease isn’t just a man’s disease. One in three women die of heart disease or stroke, and through education and raising awareness the AHA is communicating that there is a way to prevent those deaths and hopefully lower the numbers.
This is a message we totally get behind here at Go Free Pants. After all, being healthy and feeling good is the first step in feeling sexy and having confidence in yourself.
Take the advice of the AHA, and make some changes in your lifestyle to reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke. Here are a few small ways that make a big difference:
- Get more active. Whether it’s parking farther away from a store’s entrance so the walk is longer or setting up a regular date at the gym, getting your body moving is important for good heart health.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables and low in saturated fats.
- Control your blood pressure, especially if it is already high.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
Let the world know you’re aware of the risk factors and ways to prevent heart disease by wearing red often this month. People will definitely notice you in that bright color! Pick out your favorite red sweater or blouse and pair it with our comfortable Lindsay cords. You’ll not only feel sexy, but you’ll also be supporting a great cause!